Wire Rope Insulation & Welding Accessories
Spider’s wire rope insulation and welding accessories provide critical safety protection when performing welding from a suspended basket or platform.
- Insulated thimble assemblies isolate the wire rope to protect rigging and structural components above.
- Arc guard protects the wire rope above and below fair lead and below deck to prevent accidental severing of the wire while welding.
|Part Number||Description||End Type||Length||Material|
|4897||Wire rope insulator assembly||Thimble||762 ft (30 m)||Plastic dipped porcelain|
|701074-1||Insulated thimble assembly (8.4 mm)||Seized End||30 ft (9.1 m)||Nylon|
|701074-2||Insulated thimble assembly (8.4 mm)||Thimble||15 ft (4.5 m)||Nylon|
|701074-3||Insulated thimble assembly (8.4 mm)||Clip End||30 ft (9.1 m)||Nylon|
- Can be used with all Drum & Traction hoists
- Tested to withstand 600V
- For use with hoists up to 1,500 lb. (680.4 kg) load capacity
- Assembly length allows travel within 30 ft (9.1 m) of rigging point
- Breaking strength is 12,500 lb.
OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926.451 (f) (17)
|Part Number||Used With||Drum||Wire Rope|
|SA-1083||9 in. (229 mm) Spider drums, |
|9 in. (229 mm)||500 ft (152 m)|
|SA-1083-1000||ST-180||16 in. (406 mm)||1000 ft (305 m)|
|SA-1083-26||For ST-26 Mini Drum||N/A||235 ft (71.6 m)|
Arc guard is used during welding to protect against contact from the hoist tail line and the platform.
This arc guard assembly uses a split tube with Velcro closures to wrap around and protect a wire rope. The top end has two chains with hooks to attach to a hoist.
- Encloses 3.3 ft (1 m) length of wire rope between fairlead and deck of drum hoist.
- Can be used with traction hoists with minor modification.
- Velcro fasteners make installation fast and easy.
Talk to a specialist
"*" indicates required fields