Project Scope Customer needed to remove and replace a section of the steel spray containment…
Power Plant Construction and Maintenance
Suspended access solutions for all aspects of power plant construction, maintenance, and turnarounds.
With more than 75 years of experience and innovation in the suspended access industry, Spider has the expertise, technology, and equipment to overcome the most complex industrial access challenges.
Whether you’re working in coal, gas, hydropower, or nuclear power plants, Spider can get your contractors to work safely and efficiently.
Solutions often used on power plant projects include:
- Knockdown platforms designed to fit through an 18 in. manway
- Spider baskets that fit through an 18 in. manway
- Demountable work cages for easy no-tools disassembly, ideal for limited access work
- Air-powered hoists and baskets for use in confined spaces
- Electric traction hoists, including our new SC1000 Relevation battery-powered hoist
- Large area suspended platforms (e.g., “float”, “dance floor”)
- Rigging stars and circular platforms specifically designed for smokestack work
- Tank-top rollers
- A full range of additional specialty and standard rigging solutions for all needs
- Fall protection, debris containment netting, and access platform netting solutions
- Arc guard welding protection, rescue lifeline kits and other safety solutions
- Industrial-specific Competent Person Training
Got a unique access challenge? Our integrated engineering team can design a custom-engineered solution to fit your needs. Contact your local Spider representative to learn more.
The Spider Promise
Our promise to you is that you will get the same quality customer experience and reliable products at each of our 25 branches across North and Central America. We ensure this through comprehensive SWIs (Standard Work Instructions) and experienced, factory certified technicians at every branch.
Spider has been a driver of safety standards in the suspended access industry since 1947. We continue to invest in UL listing, ISO certification, and operational excellence to ensure consistent product reliability, safety, and productivity. Learn more about Spider quality.
Below are just some of products and solutions frequently used at power plants and refineries. Got questions? Need more information? Looking for a quote? Contact your local Spider representative!
Power Plant Construction and Maintenance Products
Case Studies for Power Plant Construction and Maintenance
Project Scope Inspect, repair and coat entire interior surface of cooling tower with dimensions 200…
Project Scope Provide access to internal surface of the stack. Challenges Stack bottom was unusually…
Project Scope Installation of a Pennguard® ceramic brick liner to a 450 ft (137.2 m)…
Project Scope Provide access to the jet bubble reactor’s upper tank wall and beams for…