Project Scope The customer required a circular platform that was able to expand to stay…
Tanks, Smokestacks, and Silos
Access solutions specifically designed for tanks, smokestacks, and silos.
Spider has a wide range of access solutions designed to meet the unique needs of contractors performing work on tanks, smokestacks, and silos. With more than 75 years of experience in suspended access, Spider can get your team to work safely and productively.
We have solutions that provide both interior and exterior access, whether you’re tuckpointing a large masonry smokestack or blasting and coating a tank interior. Need to rig to the top of a silo? Need to access the underside of a tank roof? Need to do it with equipment that fits through an 18-inch manway? Spider has what you need.
- Knockdown platforms designed to fit through an 18 in. manway
- Spider baskets that fit through an 18 in. manway
- Air-powered hoists and baskets for use in confined spaces
- Demountable work cages for easy no-tools disassembly, ideal for limited access work
- Electric traction hoists, including our new SC1000 Relevation battery-powered hoist
- Large area suspended platforms (e.g., “float”, “dance floor”)
- Rigging stars and circular platforms specifically designed for smokestack work
- Tank-top rollers
- A full range of additional specialty and standard rigging solutions for all needs
- Fall protection, debris containment netting, and access platform netting solutions
Got a unique access challenge? Our integrated engineering team can design a custom-engineered solution to fit your needs. Contact your local Spider representative to learn more.
The Spider Promise
Our promise to you is that you will get the same quality customer experience and reliable products at each of our 25 branches across North and Central America. We ensure this through comprehensive SWIs (Standard Work Instructions) and experienced, factory certified technicians at every branch.
Spider has been a driver of safety standards in the suspended access industry since 1947. We continue to invest in UL listing, ISO certification, and operational excellence to ensure consistent product reliability, safety, and productivity. Learn more about Spider quality.
Below are just some of products and solutions frequently used on tanks, smokestacks, and silos. Got questions? Need more information? Looking for a quote? Contact your local Spider representative!
Products for Tanks, Smokestacks, and Silos
Case Studies for Tanks, Smokestacks, and Silos
Project Scope Provide access to internal surface of the stack. Challenges Stack bottom was unusually…
Project Scope Installation of a Pennguard® ceramic brick liner to a 450 ft (137.2 m)…
Project Scope Provide access to the jet bubble reactor’s upper tank wall and beams for…
Project Scope The customer required internal access to the 350-ft tall chimney for safety inspection,…