LSR1 Limited Space Rescue Winch
The LSR1 is the most comprehensive method to achieve confined space rescue for workers on swing stages inside boilers, silos, refineries, penstocks, dams, shafts, water and sewer vessels, and similar areas.
For forced outages or where the scope of work is minimal, the LSR1 provides equipment rescue and with a second LSR1 unit installed personnel rescue which plant personnel are fully capable of installing and operating with basic training. The LSR1 helps plant owners, HSE and operations personnel achieve prompt rescue of injured workers and the very fast rescue required for electrocuted workers. The system’s low cost and fast speed of set-up make it the attractive rescue solution for short duration boiler work or any confined space.
|Part Number||Load Capacity||Speed1||Drum Capacity|
|700989-1||1000 lb||453.6 kg||30 fpm||9.1 mpm||500 ft||152.4 m|
- Overall Dimensions: 17.5 x 42.8 x 21 in (445 x 1087 x 533 mm)
- Dimensions without Extension: 17.5 x 38.7 x 21 in (445 x 983 x 533 mm)
- Wire Rope Construction: 5/16 in (8 mm) Fiber Core
- Total Weight: 165 lb (74.8 kg) (without wire rope)
- Heaviest Piece: 149 lb (67.6 kg)
- Power Draw: 60 cfm @ 120 psi
- Motor: 1.25 hp Vane motor
- Workers and equipment are lowered at the same speed – there is no risk of a platform operator left hanging in his harness above the platform.
- Easy to operate powered system to lower workers and equipment simultaneously.
- Stand-alone, self-contained, man-rated hoist and rigging
- Lightweight welded aluminum frame
- Includes level wind drum for smooth, easy wire rope wrapping
- Overload device prevents hoist from operating when loaded beyond its rated capacity
- Built-in secondary overspeed brake
- Disassembles without tools to fit through an 18 x 24 in (457 x 610 mm) oval opening
- Can be used directly over roof penetrations or mounted to outside structural members
Talk to a specialist
"*" indicates required fields
Safety Considerations of LSR1
- Reduces hazards to rescue team by eliminating need for rescue personnel to enter the boiler and work underneath potentially damaged equipment overhead.
- Limits exposure of original hazard to operators only – does not expose additional rescue personnel to risk present inside structure.
- Does not require operators and plant personnel to wait for emergency services to initiate rescue and start first aid.
- Does not rely on operators to recall extensive rope descent or other training on rarely used systems in a time of crisis.
- Allows workers to focus on self-rescue or ‘buddy care.’ One worker can initiate CPR on his partner while being lowered – no need to wait for external rescue team.
- Calmer professionals lower the platform and the workers simultaneously – traveling at the same speed to simplify rescue.
- Typical accessory packages reduce the risk of weld-related injuries.
Engineered Sighthole Bracket for Side Mounting Using Existing Bolt Hole
No Topside Access? No Problem.
- Engineered sighthole bracket allows easier rigging when topside access isn’t available.
- No penetrations required.
- Creates an 18 in (457 mm) projection into the structure, allowing higher vertical travel and more working swath.