Fall Protection: Arcellor Mittal Steel Mill
Burns Harbor, IN
The customer was faced with potential fall hazards while cleaning the Arcellor Mittal steel mill’s roof gutters.
- 100% fall protection with a high anchor point and no pendulum effect was required.
- Due to the large size of the facility, a system that could be relocated to different areas was necessary to minimize cost.
- The location of the steel mill was remote.
- The customer required a quick turnaround.
Spider provided 900 ft of SpiderLine™ temporary horizontal lifeline system to Morrison to provide complete fall protection for their leading edge work at the steel mill. The system was equipped with a custom engineered weld-on bracket that provided 100% fall protection with a high anchor point and no pendulum effect. Because the SpiderLine™ system is temporary, it could be easily relocated to different areas of this large facility as needed, making it a cost-effective solution.
With 25 locations in the Americas, Spider’s operation centers are able to provide local support, even to rather remote locations like this mill in Indiana. Spider’s Chicago team and elite team of engineers collaborated to engineer, fabricate and deliver this customized solution in just a few days.
- SpiderLine™ Temporary Horizontal Lifeline