Spider is the largest manufacturer and distributor of suspended access and fall protection solutions in North America, serving more customers with a wider variety of products and services than any other company. From basket and suspended platform rental, to rigging service, to safety and training, to specialty engineered products - Spider has a strong team of professionals, along with a national network of sales, service and local support capabilities to provide you with the safest turnkey access solutions possible.
With nearly seven decades of knowledge and experience in putting people to work at height safely and productively, Spider designs and manufactures practical, simple, and smart access products that offer the lowest cost of ownership in the industry. For over 65 years we have truly earned the reputation of being the experts in our industry. Suspended access and the related safety needs it poses are all we do. That expertise provides you with a more reliable experience when sourcing and using our access solutions.
We strive every day to build Spider into a world class business. Our market leadership shows in the details:
- Over 30,000 manufactured Spider hoists
- $20 million suspended access rental fleet
- 25 operation centers in the Americas
- 150 fully trained, accountable support people in the field
- Over 100 service vehicles
- 24/7 technical support
- Factory trained and certified employees
- Engineering/PE stamps nationwide
- Dedicated risk management group
- OSHA certified Competent Person Trainers
- Checklist-driven inspection and service processes that leave nothing to chance
- Consistent processes to smooth contractor transitions into new areas
Spider's national footprint, nationwide inventory, trained employees and consistently available professionally serviced products are the proof that these investments deliver a more reliable experience. When a standard product will not meet special challenges, Spider's engineering team can assist you with custom solutions, backed up by after-market support that is the best in the business.
Now, what does all this mean to you? Whether a longtime customer or new to Spider, we strive to make you more productive in ways you value:
- Increased uptime
- Better productivity
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Safer operation for your employees
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Our founders, the Fisher brothers, were painting contractors who needed a better way to access a 250 ft tall steel bridge over a deep ravine. They developed the original Spider basket, brought it to market and quickly launched a rental operation to bring it to contractors on a project basis in the early 1950s. Founded by contractors for contractors, that already sets us apart.
But it's not all we do. Today Spider is recognized as the leader in design, manufacture, rental and sale of suspended scaffolding solutions, boasting:
- Fully integrated suspended access manufacturing and engineering teams to serve global customers.
- Highly specialized design and support expertise.
- Custom engineered solutions that benefit from complex local safety code expertise.
- ISO 9001: 2008 Certification
- And we invest in operational excellence to drive reliability and consistency across the Americas.
As the founder of this industry and the trusted powered access market leader for over 65 years Spider has truly earned the reputation of being the experts.
Since then our umbrella of products and services has greatly expanded to serve the needs of an ever-growing marketplace.
We buy our own product, we experience ownership and it drives better product decisions. When you know exactly what 'stuff' happens in the life of a product, you design it to a tougher standard. Designed for reliability and long life – those values may not matter to everyone. But they have given Spider staying power and a deeply committed loyal base of contractors for over 65 years.
Quality & Standardization
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Quality – We invest in it. Spider products are made in our ISO 9001:2008 certified factory in Seattle.
Spider has also developed Standard Work Instructions that document the complete manufacture, inspection and repair of new and rental equipment. Standard Work means delivering the same high quality equipment, professionally prepared consistently across our 25 locations.
We train our certified technicians to these standards, test them for competence and audit for compliance. Train... test...audit. It's simply the best way to ensure our customers' productivity.
Our products are ready to get to work. Let's get started, wherever your work takes you.
We have a history of raising funds in response to national disasters and for veterans, as well as collecting items for local food banks. In our most recent food drive, the team at our corporate headquarters collected a record-breaking 3,600 pounds of food for Northwest Harvest, the Seattle-based non-profit food bank distributor.
We focus on sustainability of our people, our profits and our planet.
- Provide paid employee training with focus on workforce's practical skill development to ensure competitiveness
- Encourage innovation and development of a strong patent portfolio
- Subsidize full family health insurance
- Provide employee tuition reimbursement
- Provide a generous schedule of paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Subsidize employee participation in commuter vanpools
- Support United Way Annual Campaign – earned Outstanding Employee Campaign Award
- Earned Outstanding Company Contribution Award – Scaffold & Access Industry Association
- Promote membership in and contribution to related industry associations and committees
- Regularly organize blood drives, collections for local food banks, and raising funds in response to natural disasters
- Developed products with intent to reduce road miles associated with upkeep and maintenance
- Make fleet operational decisions to reduce road miles
- Support telecommuting for appropriate job functions
- Use online meeting hosting to avoid air travel miles
- Moved to paperless, online process for transaction approvals and multi-approver sign-offs
- Moved shared work projects online for all document tracking to reduce paper creation
- Use recycled packaging
- Recycle aluminum and steel waste
- Reduce galvanization of steel components whenever possible to enable recycling
- Move more literature online to reduce printed sales literature
- Print sales literature on recycled or FSC certified paper
- Increased natural light in factory and installed occupant-activated lighting in offices
- Qualified as strategic supplier to wind energy OEM's - Vestas, GE Wind, Siemens, Suzlon, RePower, Enercon and Gamesa
- Financially very strong, privately held Seattle, Washington - based global company
- Backed by A+15 rated AIG with a $21M umbrella
- Recognized as one of Washington's Top 150 Privately Held Companies
- Recognized as a Top 100 Rental Company in North America
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Back to top